Lina has been my personal trainer for 17 months and, working in partnership with her, we have achieved remarkable results. I have had a disability since birth, walk with two canes and was recovering from major surgery (my left knee was replaced and my left leg was straightened) when we started my program. My muscles were very weak; I fatigued easily and had no endurance.
The Doctors said I would walk with a full (from the top of the thigh to under the foot) locked leg brace for the rest of my life, would have to use two canes for the rest of my life and not to bother exercising the upper left leg thigh muscles because they would not respond.
Here are the results after working with Lina two sessions a week:
· The muscle strength in my left leg went from level 2 to level 4, which enabled me:
· To have my brace permanently unlocked so I now walk with a brace that bends at the knee ;
· To walk without my brace in the safety of my home.
· To walk with one cane with the brace for a short period of time in a safe environment.
· When I began working with Lina, I was only able to do a few exercises and stretches.
Now I am able to use several machines and have continued to build up the weights.
· I now use much less energy for walking, which can be applied to other life pursuits.
· The sensation and mobility in my lower left leg is returning and continues to increase.
Each week I continue to get stronger and experience increased stability and improvements in my mobility.
Lina has worked in partnership with me, recognizing that, with the disability, the state of my body varies and is unpredictable. She always listens with respect to my assessment and adapts my program to my ability level of each particular day. Her extensive knowledge of how the body and muscles work have given me an in depth understanding of how a fitness program can be accommodated to my physical challenges so results and goals can be met. Lina is honest and realistic about what can be achieved and yet at the same time, always willing to explore new possibilities. She works at a slow and steady pace, building on accomplishments and is always positive, even when I might get discouraged. We have increased my strength and have started to build my endurance, something I have never had. My life style has improved as I have steadily gained new energy to grow my business, expand my volunteer work and enjoy my social contacts. I consider my time with her a precious gift that has changed my life dramatically. I highly recommend Lina as a personal trainer for any individual and particularly for anyone who has specific needs. Miracles happen with Lina.
Having worked with Lina for just over a year, I have had amazing results that
· Have defied the medical predictions;
· Increased my strength and stamina and
· Enabled me to create an even fuller life and feel better now at 60, than I did at 40
Christine Karcza (firstname.lastname@example.org)